Use age rating on product detail pages of apps, games, and media to draw attention to the age appropriateness of the items which the user will potentially purchase, download, or consume.
- Place age rating at a predictable spot on the page. This helps consumers get acquainted to looking at a standard location when they want to know what kind of content to expect.
- Acquaint yourself with the various standardized rating systems, such as the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board) ratings guide.
- Stick to using unaltered and standardized image assets as defined by the ratings system in use.
- Don’t deviate from the predefined rating categories.
- Don't use custom text or images within the ratings component. If at all the standard descriptors need tweaking, consult your content publisher.
The age rating always consists of a badge image, a single-line title, and one line of description in its collapsed state with a content toggle which can be used to show or hide rating description details.
- Schema definition: The age-rating schema defines the acceptable configurations, requirements, and options for each component.