Lifestyle at play
Our stories are true. About real people, in real life. These people, when empowered by technology, make anything possible. And their stories inspire more people to care.
Journeys have ups and downs
Achievements are the result of journeys with beginnings, middles, and ends. Ups and downs. Showing the tension between the challenge and the outcome creates interest and enables people to relate.
People help each other to thrive
The greatest challenges are overcome through the support of families, friends, colleagues, and communities. Our stories reveal how people help each other and share in the journey.
- Feature real people with real names and vocations. Don't use models to simply portray shiny, happy people.
- People come first. Integrate technology authentically and naturally into the person's story.
- Never over-style makeup or wardrobe.
- Capture images using natural lighting. Use reflectors or fill light if needed, but do not overpower nature.
- The camera should feel like another person in the room – capturing authentic, unstaged moments, without being voyeuristic.
No clear focal point
Subject matter seems ambiguous
Features non-Microsoft products
Awkward cropping of faces or limbs